In order to better offer you products and services offered on our Site, Devout may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
• First and Last Name
• Mailing Address
• E-mail Address
• Phone Number
Devout may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
• Household Income
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on Devout. These may include: (a) obtaining a life insurance product recommendation on our Site; (b) obtaining personalized life insurance quotes; (c) signing up for a life insurance pre-approval; (d) sending us an email message; (e) signing up for our email newsletters. We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Devout collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. In order to give you a quote for a product, we will ask you for information that does personally identify you, such as: your date of birth, zip code, gender, financial information, your lifestyle information such as whether you smoke and some biological information; and so that we can deliver that quote that you requested, we will ask you for your email and name.
Devout may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Devout and its affiliates. If you would like to not receive such offers, you may opt out of such communications from our affiliates.
Devout does not sell or lease its customer information to third parties.
Devout may share data with other parties who we trust to help us perform statistical analysis, verify your identity, life insurance application data, perform other insurance-related services, send you a requested email or postal mail, provide customer support, or deliver your life insurance policy. Also, we may request your authorization to gain third party reports, such as medical information and/ or prescription usage, if relevant to your product or service.
All such third parties are contractually prohibited from using, selling, or otherwise benefitting from your personal information except to provide these services to Devout, and they are required to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your information.
Devout may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Devout or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Devout; (c) to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or (d) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Devout, or the public.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Devout. This information can include information of the device used to access our Site: IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for Devout’s operation, to maintain Devout’s quality, and to provide general statistics regarding use of Devout.
Devout safeguards your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Devout uses the following methods for this purpose:
• SSL Protocol
• Data Encryption
As part of the process of an insurance company offering, selling, underwriting, reviewing, rating, or otherwise handling a policy for insurance, personal information of the applicant and policyholder is customarily handled by third parties who are experts in certain aspects of the process. When Devout transmits personal information (such as a driver’s license number) to these third parties’ websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We aim for rigorous security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform the promises of a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, if applicable, or comply with another statute or regulation in effect if applicable to Devout;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Devout does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, Devout requests you to ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Devout or a Devout affiliate, may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Devout or click on a link there in.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Devout, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Devout welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Devout has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Devout at:
Devout USA LLC
515 E 72nd ST New York, New York 10021
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 855-445-8516